IAESTE stands for the ‘International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience’, and is an international, non-profit organisation whose main aim is to provide students with internships around the world. IAESTE, found in over 80 countries, has been in operation since 1948. Click here to visit the international website.
IAESTE Malta, founded in 1984, is the Maltese branch of IAESTE and is a student-run organisation, housed under the University of Malta. We strive to provide students reading for degrees in Science, Engineering, ICT, Architecture and Pharmacy with relevant work experience abroad. Our internships aim to provide technical, first hand experience to students, thus helping them further their studies and career. In short, our organisation sends Maltese students to work abroad on traineeships, and receives foreign students that work in local companies on a 1:1 basis.
IAESTE Malta works both for the students who want to take their career paths into their own hands and for companies looking for motivated and hard working interns. Hence, IAESTE cannot continue its work without the constant support we receive from local companies. It is just as student-driven as it is employer-driven.
- To provide students in higher education with technical experience relevant to their studies
- To offer employers well-qualified and motivated trainees
- To be a source of cultural enrichment for trainees and their host communities
- To operate a high quality practical training exchange programme between members in order to enhance technical and professional development
- To promote international understanding, co-operation and trust amongst students, academic institutions, employers and the wider community
- To operate irrespective of race, colour, gender, culture, religious or political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression. To promote non-discriminatory practices.